Quincy Bioscience is a biotechnology company located in Madison, Wisconsin, dedicated to hiring people that have a “can-do” attitude with an aim toward growth and limitless potential. Our goal is to create winning research, marketing and management teams that function smoothly and at peak performance levels. We have many things to accomplish and seek career-minded, curious professionals who are “roll up your sleeves, whatever-it-takes to get the job done” people.
At Quincy Bioscience, we are always looking for amazing talent. For an opportunity to join an exciting team on the cutting edge, please submit your resume along with a cover letter detailing your professional experiences and interests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates with a potential match to any current or future openings will be contacted directly.
Quincy Bioscience offers a competitive compensation package including:
• Health Insurance effective on first day of employment
• Dental, Vision, Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Flex Spending
• Paid Vacation
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Routinely follows up to existing accounts to build relationships, gain customer feedback on services, and identify new opportunities.
- Place outbound calls for an average of 4 hours each day including prospects and current customers.
- Determine client needs and present service offerings that will provide benefit.
- Take inbound (warm leads) from scheduled media promotions.
- Influence customers to buy product by following a prepared sales script that offers product information and price.
- Promote product by suggesting related products; offering quantity discounts or special promotions.
- Confirm customer information by restating and clarifying customer and product order information.
- Maintain and organize documentation of all client correspondence in the sales software provided.
- Offer upgrades and down-sell each customer.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of other departments at Quincy Bioscience and interact with them as needed.
- Consistently meet sales and performance goals on a monthly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or other business related field or equivalent relevant work experience is desired.
- A minimum of 1 year of sales experience, preferably in a tele-marketing environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High energy level and a positive attitude are important.
- Sets examples in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Ability to operate a computer and learn software systems is required.
- Typing proficiency is required.
- Initiative to cold call is needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Attention to detail is necessary.
- Time management skills are essential.
- Leadership, teamwork and collaboration skills are mandatory.
- Professional phone voice and excellent telephone etiquette.
- Must adhere to company guidelines and policies.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part the work environment includes ambient room temperatures, well lit work areas and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Company Conformance Statement:
In the performance of their respective duties and responsibilities all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Two full time openings to work in our professional distribution center.
The hours will be Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm.
Previous experience in a warehouse is preferred.
- Maintenance of warehouse inventory
- Facilitate warehouse organization and cleanliness
- Data and Order Entry
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 70 lbs. on a daily basis
- Basic computer skills
- Detail oriented
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate
- Previous experience in a warehouse is preferred
Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical